How to Make the Best Matcha
Whether you're looking to recreate that café-style perfect cup or just want the optimal benefits from the nutrients Matcha offers, we'll walk you through how to create the best cup of Matcha, all by yourself.
If you're on this page, chances are you've just received your very own ceremonial Matcha set. Congrats!
Not only is it functional, it's a hand made set from China, so every pieces is uniquely crafted and painted. The set also makes for a wonderful décor piece in your kitchen.
Let's start by how to make the perfect Japanese Matcha.
In terms of ingredients, you'll need:
- Boiled water
- Japanese Ceremonial Matcha
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a clean, descaled water kettle,
- Once water has boiled let sit for 20-30 seconds until the water has calmed,
- Use your bamboo scoop to measure 1 scoop of Organic Japanese Matcha into your bowl,
- Whisk in an 'S' pattern until the powder dissolves in the water and small bubbles begin forming a froth,
- Enjoy directly from your ceremonial bowl or pour into your favourite mug.
Watch the instructional video below and follow along.
If a latte is more you're thing...
Follow the tutorial in how to make a traditional Matcha, then add your favourite milk or milk-alternative of choice. 1 part milk to 3 parts Matcha beverage.
Ideally, if you have a milk warmer and frother - you can create some latte art too.
For a light, refreshing energy lift, make your Japanese Matcha as instructed above including with boiled water and pour over ice in a tall glass.
You can make this an iced Matcha latte as well by adding your favourite cold milk or milk-alternative beverage. Follow similar ratios as a hot latte (see above) with 1 part milk to 3 parts Matcha beverage.
Japanese Ceremonial Matcha of high quality, like our Organic Matcha should not ever taste bitter.
You can sweeten your Matcha beverage with 1/2 tsp honey, but we strongly recommend you savour the natural smooth taste.