Matcha “Cheesecake” Slices Recipe
These gluten-free, dairy free, added sugar free treats make the perfect summertime dessert!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (optional: soak them overnight in filtered water to make them more digestible)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut or 3 tbs coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
Matcha Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water 5 hours to overnight)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey or other sweetener of choice (brown rice syrup is great)
- 1 stem of mint, leaves only
- 2 tbs. powdered matcha
- 1 packet of greens
- Add all base ingredients into a food processor and process until combined well.
- Line a loaf pan with cling film.
- Spread the mixture into the pan evenly using spatula until the base is even.
- Put into the freezer to set while you make the matcha layer.
- Process or blend all filling ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth
- and creamy.
- Pull the base out of the freezer and fill with the matcha cream layer.
- Put back into the freezer for two hours to set.
- Pull out and cut into slices. Serve frozen or defrosted for 15 minutes, decorated with fresh strawberries. Keep in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Recipe and image from http://www.breakfastcriminals.com/wanderlust-fest-matcha-cheesecake-slices/