Ah, pancakes. The breakfast we all love due to it`s dessert-like deliciousness. It`s the perfect morning treat! Unfortunately, many of us restrict ourselves from the joy of pancakes due to the lack of nutritional benefits. Well, restrict no longer! This recipe will let you indulge without feeling bad about it!
Matcha is packed with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory effects, blood sugar control, and helps lower cholesterol.
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 6 egg whites (¾ cup)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- 2 tbsp 0% fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cooked or canned Black Soy Beans
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor (or mixing bowl) and blend until well combined.
- Coat a non stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot enough, slowly ladle about ¼ of a cup per pancake and cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Very delicately flip the pancakes and cook until second side is golden then transfer to low temp oven to keep them warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Garnish with dollop of plain yogurt, chopped pistachio, cooked black beans and drizzle of honey.
Recipe and images from https://thehealthyfoodie.com/matcha-green-tea-coconut-pancakes/