A boost of antioxidants to start off your morning! This recipe makes a healthier hollandaise sauce by adding matcha.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Juice from 1 lemon (~ 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ tsp Matcha
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Around 1/4 cup warm water
- 8 eggs
- 4 whole grain English muffins
- Chives for garnish
- Edible flowers or other toppings for garnish, if desired
- Melt ¼ cup butter. In a bowl, mix together ¼ cup melted butter, 1 cup Greek yogurt, juice from 1 lemon (~ 3 tablespoons), 1 ½ teaspoons matcha, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon honey, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add warm water a few tablespoons at a time to thin out the sauce, up to ¼ cup.
- Poach 8 eggs. Toast 4 whole grain English muffins. Thinly slice the chives.
- To serve, place poached eggs on English muffin halves, drizzle with sauce and garnish with chives.
Recipe and image from https://www.acouplecooks.com/matcha-eggs-benedict-healthy-hollandaise-recipe/